Please take a moment to like and subscribe
✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
Really speaking, shev is a diwali recipe. But it is so popular that it is used regularly. It is used as a topping for upma or poha or any chat item. It tastes great just by itself. It is prepared using chickpea flour. This is a very easy and quick recipe. Yet another Maharashtrian recipe that is crispy, crunchy and simply irresistible. Let’s learn to prepare Shev or sev.
• 1 cup Besan / Chickpea flour
• 1/4 cup Rice flour
• Red chilli powder
• Salt to taste
• Turmeric powder
• A pinch of Baking soda
• Oil for frying
• In a bowl, take besan. Add rice flour, red chilli powder, salt,
turmeric powder and baking soda. Mix everything well.
• Add water and make thick dough out of it. Much water is not
required. 4-5 tbsp water is sufficient.
• Knead the dough. Brush a little oil so that the dough won’t be
dry. Cover and give it a standing time of 10 minutes.
• Take chakali mould and fit the shev disc in it.
• Roll the shev dough in cylindrical shape and fill the mould with
• Press the dough in the mould. Close the mould.
• Heat oil in a pan. When oil is enough hot, drop the shev into
• Oil should not be too hot while dropping the shev. Fry the shev
on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
• After 2 minutes, flip the shev over with the help of fork.
• Fry from another side for about 2 minutes.
• Don’t drop the shev in too hot oil and fry it on medium heat.
• Or shev will be over fried and it’s colour may change.
• Shev should be nice yellow in colour.
• Remove the shev into a tissue paper.
• When shev cools down completely store it in airtight
• It has shelf life of about a month.
Click for detail Recipe - http://www.madhurasrecipe.com/regional-recipe/marathi-video-recipes
Subscribe to my other channels
Enjoy my other videos
उकडीचे मोदक / Ukadiche Modak
रवा खोबऱ्याचे लाडू | Rava Coconut Laddoo by madhurasrecipe | Diwali Recipe
जीरा शंकरपाळी | Jeera Shankarpali by madhurasrecipe | Diwali Faral Recipe | Khare Shankarpale
पातळ पोहे चिवडा | Patal Pohe Chivda | Thin Poha Chivda by madhurasrecipe | Diwali Recipe
शंकरपाळी | ShankarPali recipe by Madhurasrecipe | Diwali Faral Recipe
पाव भाजी | Pav Bhaji Recipe by madhurasrecipe | Indian Street Food
पुरी | How to make Puffy and Soft Poori by madhurasrecipe
श्रीखंड | Keshar Pista Shrikhand by madhurasrecipe | Dussehra special Sweet
वडा पाव | Vada Pav Recipe by madhurasrecipe | Mumbai Vad Pav | How to make Batata Vada Chutney
मसाले भात | Masale Bhat | Masala Rice by madhurasRecipe